Monday, October 16, 2006

The Marathon

The Toronto Marathon was this past Sunday. I cheered and clapped until my hands turned red and I started sounding like an old rooster. It was a rather cool day , but thankfully the sun was shinning. The first spot went to a guy from Vancouver who finished the Marathon in 2 hours 34 min and 11 sec. The first female runner finished 13. There were a couple of music bands playing and let me tell you their contribution was probably the most obvious. Every beat they played brought a smile to the tired face of the passing runners. Cheers!

2 comments:

Artmis said...

I wish you were there when I did my marathons! Of course unfortunately that would have taken way longer than what you are talking about and would have kept you on your feet for hours. Wish me luck with my injuries and I promise I am going to run Tononto Marathon, if I ever get can get back to running marathons, hoping you will cheer me:)
I really enjoy your blog. Keep up the good job dear. And Hey Happy 2007. Have all the best.

Visda said...

I will be there to cheer you on. I look forward to the day you run the Toronto Marathon!
Thanks. And many wishes for a very happy and prosper 2007 for you and yours.